Healthy Summer Hair
Summer hair maintenance 101: Healthy Hair Habits
As a professional hairstylist, every year I see clients come back from summer vacations and breaks with trashed out hair. I love spending my summers at the pool and the beach just as much as the next person, but hate the effects it can have on my locks! Here are some tips for healthy summer hair.
- Get a cut! Doesn’t have to be much, just enough to get rid of dead and split ends.
- Use a moisturizing and protecting shampoo. I suggest Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Sun Guardian.
- Use a good leave in conditioner when styling, AND when you’re out in the sun. Schwarzkopf BC Sun Protection Spray.
- Wear a hat when possible!
- Put on your favorite deep conditioner and go lay in the sun for a bit. The heat will make the conditioner work harder for you.
- Use a detangler and a comb! Please, please don’t rip through your hair with a brush, especially when it’s wet! (cringe…)
- Try to avoid too many ponytails. The constant tension on the hair can break and split it.
- Go natural! I let my hair air dry as much as possible in the summer. And now thanks to my Keratin Complex treatment, it’s frizz free too!