Luxury Spa Pedicure at home~
I was in desperate need of a pedicure the other day. I usually do my own pedicures anyway. It’s crazy to me that they charge $50-$65 in my area for a good pedicure…thats just not going to happen. But this time I was wanting a to make my experience a little more spa-like, so I added a couple of easy steps that make a big difference.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Large bowl or pot
- 2 dry towels
- Warm water
- nail polish remover
- cuticle pusher
- cotton balls
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons oil (I prefer Coconut Oil)
- essential oil to add aroma to scrub and water
- nail file/ clippers
- 2 cups oatmeal (for foot mask)
- 1 cup sugar (for foot mask)
- 1/2 cup honey (for foot mask)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (for foot mask)
- ceran wrap
- nail polish
- clear coat
1. Make your exfoliater. Mix 2 tablespoons slightly warmed coconut oil with 3 tablespoons sugar. Mix until grainy. Adjust oil/sugar ratio appropriately.
2. Make hydrating foot mask. Mix honey, coconut oil, oatmeal and flour until well mixed.
3. Start your pedicure. Remove any nail polish. Soak feet in warm water bath for 5-10 minutes. Add essential oil for scent if desired.
4. Pat feet dry. Clip and file nails into desired length.
5. Exfoliate feet with sugar oil mixture. Rinse feet well after.
6. Apply oatmeal foot mask. Wrap feet in ceran wrap for 15-20 minutes. Wooo-saaa…
7. Massage feet with moisturizing body lotion.
8. Remove any oil from nailbeds with nail polish remover. Paint nails.
In my opinion using coconut oil overall leaves your skin softest, although pretty much any oil will do. Enjoy!