RED is soooo 2013
I love this season’s most popular hair trend, RED! So here’s my little tid bit, take it or leave it. I think that red is a perfectly suitable color for most people if done properly. There are so many shades of red! You have red red, copper-red, red violet, golden red, Natural blondes almost always look good as red heads. Brunettes can do a deeper (level 6 or lower) red that will give it a rich tone. The problem with red is that not everyone can embrace its boldness.
Here are my Red Rules:
1. Go to a Professional. *Red is a color that you really want to turn out right the first time.
2. Have a thorough consultation with your stylist. *Make sure that you and your stylist are clear about what exactly you are doing. *Bring in pictures to show your stylist, or ask to see a swatch of the color.
2. Know what you’re asking for. *If you’re asking for red hair, understand that your hair is GOING TO BE RED. Red can be a shocking change for some, understand that it can take some getting used to.
3. Use a color safe shampoo.
4. Don’t let your red fade. *You may need to see your stylist more often when rocking red as its vibrancy tends to fade much faster.
5. Embrace your new look and have fun with it!